Friday, January 7, 2011

Holidays are Over...but they Left me in Hell...

How is it I'm back at square 1??

I mean not entirely... the pain isn't as bad as it was before and I didn't gain all my weight back, but 7 pounds means a lot to my body.
I haven't exercised in weeks, I'm tired all the time, the headaches are back, and the scale is continuing to go up.
How can this happen?...well I know how it can... but why?
Why now after all the progress I've made?

I know intellectually that its the holidays and the weather. The cold takes it's toll, it's more then my body can handle, but then you add stress, excessive amounts of food, and BOOM!
Now that the holidays are over, the foods gone and so is my money so I'll be eating less, but staying "in the green" requires more then eating less. I know that when it gets warmer the pain will be better, so I can move more, but I can't wait till then. By then I might have swung the pendulum too far back to where I was.
I can't fall back now, I just can't. I don't know if I have it in me to start truly from scratch. To do this all over again.
I've lost my confidence, and I don't know how to get it back....

There are people I wanna see, things I need to do, goals I have to accomplish, but maybe that's it, maybe that's the problem.
I've been thinking too far ahead again, instead of taking one day at a time.
I've been worrying about what other people think, about what others expect of me, instead of what I need to do for myself.

I forgot my path...but I may just have found it again...:)

(The amazing photo above is By Nulion, Photobucket, and is directly linked)

No comments:

Post a Comment