Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Death of Out Running My Ass (Lost the Battle but I Will Win the War!!!)

So I'm off the C25K Program...
With my health issues I just couldn't keep up. But I haven't given up.

I had tried to move forward with the week 3 program, but I just kept hurting myself, so I brought it back down to week 2 and decided to stay there for awhile, but when my health issues put me on the side lines for 2 weeks, I had to reduce it to just walking for 20 mins or until I reach a mile, depending on how I feel. At least that's better then when I started, so I know it's not really square one, it just feels a bit like it...

The worse part is feeling frustrated and trying not to let things get to me. I was feeling so good running, and the changes that I was seeing in my body made me giddy. But since I stopped, I'm luckily not gaining weight, but I'm not loosing any either, and that's driving me nuts with paranoia.

So to replace my running I'm gonna be doing more strength training and floor exercises. I had intended to add these to my running program, but instead I'll be doing less running and more of this until I can physically run again.

Patience has never been my strong suite, but if I don't practice it now, I wont move forward, and that's not an option...

No comments:

Post a Comment