Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ok...this Amsterdam thing is getting kinda strange...

Um...so...I'm not trying to make light of what Anne Frank went through, but I can kinda relate to her today...

Well... it started yesterday when we got a letter under our door from the building manager stating they were going to be painting our front door today, and that they (meaning the super and the workers) will be "letting themselves in" because they need the doors open in order to paint them.
Why?
Beats me...but the last thing we want is our creepy Super "letting himself in" to our house!
Since the note said we could re-schedule, we did for Monday when we would both be home. That way one of us would watch the animals while the other would watch the Super.
But having experience with this particular Asshole before, I knew if he realized I was home, he would sleaze and bully his way into our house, which meant that today, and tomorrow, I'd have to pretend not to be home.

I already had it worked out....
I'd lock myself up in my room with the computer, a book, and a DVD to pass the time. Except for food and the occasional bathroom break I'd be set.
Before bed I made sure I had everything I needed, and the last thing I saw before I turned off my TV to fall asleep was a commercial for Amsterdam tourism.

Then today I wake up and realize sleazy and his buds were already on our floor.
I waited for them to leave for their lunch break before I tip toed to the bathroom and then the kitchen for a quick meal. I knew it was my only opportunity because no matter how lightly you walk, the floorboards always squeak.
When I got back I decided to watch a Netflix movie and absentmindedly picked the first one on my list that I saw, which just happened to be "The Diary of Anne Frank" a BBC TV movie done in 2009  that I'd been wanting to see.
I swear it was completely random. Either that or I chose it subconsciously, but in any event, it wasn't until I was about 15min into the film that I realized how ironically funny it was that I had picked this movie. Funny because here I sat, hiding in my room, pretending to not be home, and waiting for the workers to leave so I could move around freely without being found out.
Granted, unlike Anne, I have all the modern conveniences, I'm in my own home, I'm alone, and no one is trying to kill me (thank God) but it was a bit funny.

Then low and behold I'm flipping channels this evening and what do I come across, but a  BBC documentary on the Dutch settlers of Manhattan. Discussing the persecuted Jews who fled from other countries and came here because the Dutch were more tolerant of others peoples religions, and how their Manhattan settlement was originally known as "New Amsterdam" before the British took the settlement and named it New York.

Coincidence or fate?
Is Amsterdam calling me.... or is it Anne?
and this isn't even counting a discussion I had with a friend few days ago about Amsterdam(just remembered this as I was typing...lol)
Who's to know...
but lets see what hiding out tomorrow brings...
My only wish is that I had my own Peter...

2 comments:

  1. Thank you hun...
    Your absolutely correct...
    I just hide cause I don't want the drama. But Ive dealt with his punk ass before and have slammed the door in his face more then once.
    I'm just a little afraid of myself when I get REALLY angry...
    Hulk SMASH!!...lol

    ReplyDelete