Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Déjà vu...or The Truman Show...WTF!

Ever have one of those days where places remind you of your dreams and strangers look familiar?...

Well...today was one of those days for me...

So... I'm riding on the train, on my way to my aunts first wedding dress fitting, when we stop at the 59th street station.
They have been renovating it for years but I haven't been down there in awhile, and today I saw that they had taken down a lot of the wall tile on the downtown side.
Right away everything sort of clicked.
I realized I had seen this before, in a dream. The shape of the station, the look of the tile free walls, even the way the pedestrians stood on the platform looked oddly familiar. It made me remember a dream I had awhile ago.
The dream of course is a bit foggy after all this time, and the station seemed a bit different, almost flipped like seeing it through a mirror, but it was the same. It was an odd moment because what I most remember about that dream were the feelings I had. I felt rushed, excited, happy, nervous, and seeing the station made me feel them all again.

Then when we stopped at 34th street, right away this guy standing on the platform caught my eye. I watched as he and his friend got in our car and I couldn't' stop looking at him.
He was a young white looking guy, about average height, with curly hair, but it was his face that kept drawing my eye.
He looked so familiar.
He had a unique face with a larger the average noise, but there was just something about him, something about his eyes. When I looked at him, I felt the way you feel when your just about to remember something important, but it wont come.
It drove me nuts and it was hard not starting at him like a crazy person. My only regret is that we had to get off three stops later, because when we got up I realized he was staring at me much the same way I had been staring at him earlier, with a look of intrigued yet confused recondition, and when our eyes met, I swore he had a slight smile on his face.
It's funny cause his friend was a really good looking, tall Asian guy with glasses, kinda like an Asian Clark Kent, and normally someone who looked like that would have my full attention...lol...but today he could have been invisible for all I cared.

For the rest of the day I had similar experiences, but nothing as strong as what I had on the train. A woman who worked at the dress shop, then a guy walking down the street, the woman who was walking her cute pug named Otis, then some woman talking on her cell phone. All looked familiar to me and all were good looking people too, like I was seeing reality TV stars everywhere I went going about there daily lives.
It was like I was living a day in "The Truman Show"...

All I can say is WEIRD!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment