Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Run Fat Girl, Run.....

Well...I've decided on a game plan for my weight loss...or at least I think I have.

Running...

Yep...this former athlete turned couch potato, as of yesterday has started running....

I found this program called "The Couch-to-5K Running Plan" and it seems reasonable. 
20 min every other day of alternate walking and running. As you progress the walking quotient of the program gets shorter while the running part gets longer, until your running for a full 30 mins or running for a full 3 miles.


At first my plan was to alternate Pilates and 15 mins of walking on the treadmill everyday, to build stamina, endurance, and strengthen my muscles, but since I got sick, I'm back to square one and need to jump start my program. 
I figure I'll start off with this program for a week or two, see how my body reacts, add stomach crunches on my rest days, then possibly add Pilates on alternating rest days, that way I get both cardio and slowly integrate some strength training.
It seems like a good plan, but it could all fall apart depending on how my screwed up body reacts...(ha..ha..eh..)


My back up plan is to workout 3 times a week with my trainer friend at Bally Total Fitness. He's a member and has offered to workout with me as my gym buddy, which would truly be a blessing for this natural procrastinating exercise has-been...lol
Now that Bally's finally has memberships with no contracts, I wouldn't mind joining again, but that's only if I can afford the monthly fee. Right now it's a bit too much, but I'm hoping they'll soon have a spring sale for all those other procrastinating bums who are panicking about swimsuit season.


My mother always said that if I wanted to loose weight, running was the way to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if just like everything else, she were right...

No comments:

Post a Comment