Friday, March 19, 2010

Out Running My Ass (End of Week 2)....

So...Like I mentioned in my last blog...I've been using The Couch-to-5K Running Plan. Well... I'm 2 weeks into it and I'm surprised to be saying this, but I'm already noticing some subtle differences...

This program isn't easy, especially for somebody who's never run before, but I noticed after the 2nd time doing it, that the running gets a bit easier every time. I expected that to happen maybe after 2 weeks, not 2 days. I've also noticed that my body is more flexible, my general stamina seems to have improved, but the most surprising are the changes in my body.

To make sure I'm not delusional, I asked a few people if they noticed a difference in my body and sure enough they said they did. What I notice is that I'm standing straighter, and my stomach seems to be flatter. But because my paranoia knows no bounds, I knew I needed to get proof, actual numbers for me to truly believe that my body has changed. So I measured myself and compared the results to measurements I took in February (before the program). 

Well to my surprise again not only has there been changes, but some big ones in places I didn't even expect. 
Sure the half inch off my stomach was what I was expecting, and the half inch off my bust wasn't that surprising, but what really surprised me were the loss of 2 full inches off my hips in 2 weeks!!...
I am literally running my ass off....lol

So I'm not hallucinating or delusional (at least for the most part) and in 2 weeks of using this simple beginners running program I'm feeling good and looking better... 
If this is what comes from running, I may just be the newest convert...

Yep...I think...if all goes as planned...I might just fit into that dress after all...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment