Friday, October 29, 2010

Running My Ass Off: Cancun Here I Come!!!....:-)

So the clock has finally wound down.... I have a day or two left before I leave and it almost doesn't feel real.

I can't wait to see, smell, and swim in the ocean. I don't feel rejuvenated unless I get to a beach at least once a year.... and a tropical beach is even better :-)) To lay out on the beach and soak up some vitamin D, sounds soo good right now, especially since my very bones are cold.
I'm especially happy with the progress I've made with my weight loss, but being the hard ass that I can be with myself, I know I could have done better...lol

I have now lost a Total of 35 pounds even with the stresses of starting school, and I feel pretty freaken good about it. I've changed my life for the better and reversed 2 years of weight gain. I've almost reached my first goal and I'm ecstatic, but I still got a ways to go.
I want to loose a total of 63 pounds, but I figured 53 pounds is a great start, and it'll let me see how far I really have to go. Last thing I want to do is loose too much weight. I mean I love my curves...lol...but being as short as I am, with arthritic knees, means the less pressure I put on them the longer they'll last...kinda like breaks on a car...lol

I know that getting this far required me to finally make the choice to change my life, and I am proud of that, but I can't take all the credit. If it weren't for my Ex... inspiring me to change my life, I don't know where I'd be right now.
He helped me to see that I was worth it. That I was worth fighting for, even if all I was doing was fighting with myself....lol. He saw my potential and didn't want me to waste it. He saw me...just me...
We may be on different paths now, but I will forever be indebted to him for the change he has brought into my life. I hope that one day he will see himself the way I saw him, and change "somewhat"...;-) how he views himself, so that he can finally be happy. He truly deserves it....
But no matter what, that "Asshole" will always have a special place in my heart...lol


(Photo by sockhead67 from Photobucket and directly linked)
(Ticker from Tickerfactory.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment