Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Weight Wars"...

So...It's Official....I lost 24 pounds!
BOOYAA!!!!!

That is...according to my new doctor who I saw August 9th. Can't get more official then that, and my weight was taken during the afternoon, fully clothed....:-))

Awesome!.......

I'm still busting my hump with Jillian's DVD's and stomach crunches "a la Mama" (my mothers stomach exercises which are killer by the way...she has abs of steel), but I haven't been doing much of the treadmill since the DVD's take so much out of me.

I also gave up on my goal for the wedding (since it's unreasonable now that it's a week away), but that doesn't mean I give up on my overall goal of weight loss and healthy living.
I'm still exercising at least 3 times a week and eating healthy has gotten easier. Before it was a fight with my cravings and the emotional aspect of food. Plus food is a big part of my culture as a Puerto Rican, so there's a strong social quality to food for me.

But tricks like serving myself, using smaller plates (both of which help me to control portion size and prevent over eating) , making sure I try to have salad with every meal, making sure there's more salad on my plate then anything else, and eating the salad first so as to fill up faster, are all common sense things that have helped me to lower the amount of calories I consume. I can still enjoy the traditional foods I grew up with, just in smaller portions. I've also almost completely cut out soda, but occasionally, like maybe twice a month, treat myself to a coke if I've been good, almost treating the soda like I would a dessert.

If anything my progress just encourages me to keep going, and my new goal of another 30 pounds by November doesn't seem as impossible now that I'm properly motivated.

I'm so tired of being unhealthy. If it isn't one thing, it's another.
I've never let anything beat me down and I'm not about to start now...
So here it goes...
WOOOHOOO!!!...lol..................................................................................

Next blog "Klutziness Strikes Again!"...........
(Top photo by Ray_Harris, Photobucket and is directly linked)
(Ticker thanks to Tickerfactory.com)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I know you've been working so hard!!!
    I'm sure you look fabulous- but then again you always have!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweets...
    I hope so...lol
    Love you too Twin :-))

    ReplyDelete